Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of myRoster is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use our service or website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using myRoster you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website/myRoster. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to make sure that use of myRoster is used in accordance with any regulations issued by your employer or any other third party person, company or organization.
2. Change of Use
Lumabyte reserves the right to:
- change or remove (temporarily or permanently) website, service, app, feature or any part of it without notice and you confirm that Lumabyte shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal.
- change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
3. Links to Third Party Websites
Lumabyte, myRoster Website and myRoster may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the app, the Website and its content (including without limitation the app/Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with myRoster/the Website) are owned by or licensed to Lumabyte or otherwise used by Lumabyte as permitted by law. In accessing the myRoster/the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
5. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The functionality of myRoster is depending on the format of the scraping source (e.g. airline company portal). If this source changes or does for any other reason not interact with myRoster as desired, Lumabyte will try to solve this, but if this takes time or is not achieved at all it will not entitle you to any refund or legal claim against Lumabyte. myRoster is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis and we are not liable if a roster is interpreted with incorrect data. You must use your official roster as your definite source of information. Lumabyte will not be liable for any accidental or intentional deletion of any data stored locally in myRoster or on our servers. Do not use myRoster with the intention of storing/logging data for permanent use as it may be deleted without warning. myRoster makes no warranty that the functionality of our service will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of myRoster for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of myRoster or that of its employees or agents. By using myRoster you accept that your are legally permitted to do so and have received the relevant permission from any relevant parties.
You agree to indemnify and hold Lumabyte and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against myRoster arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of myRoster and our Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
8. Trial and Subscription
We offer all our new users a free 45-day trial. We reserve the right to suspend the trial period for any user. After the trial is over a payment is required to access the roster download. Payments made through our website will be refundable within 30 days of your payment date by contacting us directly. No refunds will be issued outside of this period. Refunds of payments made through Apple with our In-App purchases are not available at any time.
9. Suspension of Use
Lumabyte AS reserves the right to permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit access to the product without prior notice and liability, if, in Lumabyte AS’ determination, the user is considered to be violating any of the Terms and Conditions.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most comprehensive EU data privacy law in decades, and will come into effect on May 25th, 2018. Besides strengthening and standardizing user data privacy across the EU nations, it will require new or additional obligations on all organizations that handle EU citizens’ personal data, regardless of where the organizations themselves are located. Lumabyte AS is fully GDPR compliant as of March 1st 2018 except for the requirement to “request consent to store personal data which must be given in an intelligible and easily accessible form”. This consent form will be incorporated in myRoster for iOS build number 218, which will be available in App Store not later than May 1st 2018. After May 15th 2018 an upgrade to this build number will be required to use myRoster.
What personal information we collect
We only require storage of the following personal data on our servers:
- First and last name
- Your employee number
- Usage of app during the last 3 months (system events). We do NOT store or have access to you roster details in any way. We only store information on your app usage:
- Last 5 check of credentials (e.g due date, if GDPR consent is given).
- Time of last 5 successful roster downloads.
- Any errors during login and retrieval of roster.
- Paypal and in-app purchase details during the last 18 months.
Information that will be stored if provided by the user (if the information is deleted from the app, it will also automatically be deleted from the server):
- eMail address
- Phone number
How we collect the information
The System events and in-app purchase details is sent to our server during app usage. All other information as mentioned above is sent only if and when entered or changed during registration and in the settings section of the app by the user.
Why we collect the information
- First and last name – to identify the user and for customer support issues.
- Airline and employee number – to make the app able to retrieve your roster.
- System events – for stability enhancements and for customer support issues.
- Paypal and in-app purchase details – to verify your subscription
- eMail address, phone number and photo – if provided and user sharing is turned on (not required nor defaulted): to allow other crew members on your flight to view these details.
How we use it
Except for user sharing as mentioned above, we never share your data to anybody else except during routinely encrypted backups made by a GDPR compliant subcontractor. The rest of the data is only used for the basic functionality of the app and for customer support issues. The data is not processed in any way. If eMail address or phone number is provided by the user it will not be used to contact you except under critical conditions (i.e. after a breach of security)
How we secure it
- All movement of any information between apps and server is done using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 256-bit hash with RSA encryption.
- The myRoster app is build on a “privacy by design” principle to prevent unauthorized access to personal data.
- All backups are stored using real and local encryption.
- All servers are physically secured.
- If a breach of security which can result in a risk of personal data theft is discovered, you will within 72 hours be contacted through eMail, phone or in-app notification.
Any third parties with access to it
- Telsys AS (www.telsys.no) is performing routinely encrypted backups. This company is based in Norway and is fully GDPR compliant.
- Any other myRoster user scheduled on YOUR flight will be able to view your eMail address, phone number and photo if
- You have entered these details AND
- you have turned “user sharing” on (off by default) AND
- the other crew member har turned hers/his “user sharing” on.
We do not retrieve or store any cookies. However: The app will store cookies on your phone during the login process if so required by your airline intranet server.
How users can control any aspects of this
By contacting us on email@example.com you can at any time:
- request access to all information that Lumabyte AS has on you.
- correct any information that Lumabyte AS has on you.
- withdraw your consent to the storage of personal data. In this case we will delete all information that Lumabyte AS has on you.